A medieval walled city packed with genuinely unique sights – it’s no wonder York is one of the UK’s most popular city breaks. Be sure to make an entrance in one of our chauffeured executive cars.
Looking for a luxurious weekend in York? Follow our city guide to get the most out of your trip. At Privilege Executive Cars, whatever you have in mind, we’ll take you from door-to-door in style.
Stay the night
Some of the most stylish places to call home during your stay.
- The Parisi - Not far from the end of buzzy Fossgate, a street filled with vintage shops and cafes selling craft beer and coffee, this small pretty hotel is a charmer.
- The Bloomsbury - This floral-themed guesthouse feels cosy and homely, but with a dash of flair.
- Grays Court York - A tranquil boutique hotel just a few steps from York Minster, right in the heart of the city.
See the sights
Known for its exciting and distinctive array of historical, cultural and scenic tourist attractions
, York has a lot to offer.
- York Minster - It’s one of the largest Gothic cathedrals in Europe. Explore the building's history in the undercroft and its stunning stained-glass windows above ground.
- York City Walls - With just over two miles of them still standing, walking around the walls is a great way to get your bearings and discover tucked-away buildings and gardens.
- Clifford’s Tower - Explore the remains of the iconic York Castle, if you’re feeling adventurous, climb to the top and take in the view.
Shop until you drop
With a web of winding streets flaunting designer stores, independent shops and boutiques, each distinct shopping area has its own speciality.
- The Coppergate Centre - York's biggest shopping centre within the city walls and is home to many big-name shops, cafés and galleries.
- The Shambles - A narrow cobbled street lined with beautifully preserved Elizabethan buildings and boutiques.
- McArthurGlen's York Designer Outlet - This is a must-visit fashion and shopping destination. The indoor centre is home to over 120 leading designer and high street brands.
Stop for a traditional afternoon tea, or immerse yourself in the finest of tasting menus.
- Bettys - Afternoon Tea at Bettys has people queuing around the block, and no wonder after spending 96 years perfecting the English tradition.
- The Black Swan at Oldstead - A Michelin Star, and 4 AA Rosette, pub and restaurant with rooms, 20 miles north of the city.
- Melton’s Restaurant - Although he trained with the Roux brothers at Le Gavroche, Michael Hjort’s restaurant has a wonderful lack of pretension, a relaxed atmosphere and reasonable prices for what is one of York’s finest restaurants.
Go for drinks
From fantastic cocktails to real ale pubs, there’s something for everyone in York.
- The Guy Fawkes Inn - If you like history or fancy a change of pace, you’ll find the very birthplace of the man himself.
- Eagle & Child - This stoically British, real ale pub is just inside the city gates, surrounded by bookshops and high-end emporiums.
- Jalou - Described as “a premier late-night cocktail bar and club” by the Top 50 Cocktail Bars in the UK.
Get home safely
When you’ve taken in all the city has to offer, rest assured knowing we’ll get you home in style.