The Yorkshire Dales are the perfect place to enjoy a long weekend or a short break away. Within an hour on a Friday afternoon, Privilege Executive Cars can transport you from your desk to some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
Looking for the perfect weekend in the Yorkshire Dales? Follow our city guide to get the most out of your trip. At Privilege Executive Cars, whatever you have in mind, we’ll take you from door-to-door in style.
Stay the night
The Dales is home to outstanding scenery, great castles, abbeys and a breathtakingly peaceful atmosphere. Here are some of the best places to stay:
- Simonstone Hall - This is a wonderful choice for walkers, birders, or anyone who enjoys trips around historic properties.
- Angel Inn - Comfy, oak-beamed rooms, traditionally decorated with flowery fabrics and furnished nooks.
- Devonshire Fell Hotel - Colourful, contemporary-style hotel, on the Duke of Devonshire’s Yorkshire estate, with stunning views over a picturesque Wharfedale village.
See the sights
Ever popular with walkers and cyclists, the area also has some great tourist attractions.
- Bolton Abbey - See the church and ruined priory, with plenty of places nearby to grab a cup of tea and a scone.
- Wensleydale Creamery - One of England’s most famous cheeses, Wensleydale has been made in the area for hundreds of years. Watch a live demonstration of it being made and take some samples away with you.
- Black Sheep Brewery - Join a tour and take a look behind the scenes of the historic brewery in Masham.
Shop ‘til you drop
The Yorkshire Dales offers a superb selection of shops to choose from, including famous high street brands, indoor markets, unique gift shops, and many more.
- Harrogate – Just an hour away by car, the quality of shopping in this beautiful spa town is always a pleasure.
- Northallerton - A super Yorkshire market town famous for its market each Wednesday and Saturday.
- Tennants Auctioneers - Well-established as one of the leading regional auction houses in the country.
The Yorkshire Dales is one of the most picturesque parts of the county and is a stunning place to head to when looking for a bite to eat.
- Grassington House - An award-winning restaurant with rooms overlooking the historic market square of Grassington.
- The Frenchgate Restaurant - Enjoy some of Yorkshire's finest food, wines and refreshments, served in beautiful surroundings.
- The Traddock - This award-winning restaurant draws on an Anglo-Saxon theme where dishes are a blend of the traditional and the unfamiliar.
Go for drinks
The cornerstone of life here is an array of traditional pubs serving some of the country’s finest real ales.
- The Bridge Inn - Sitting on the banks of the stunning River Swale, the Bridge Inn lures locals and charms visitors with a warm and friendly vibe.
- Game Cock Inn – An ideal stop off for cyclists and walkers on the famous Three Peaks trail.
- The White Hart - The interior merges an old wooden oak décor and roaring fire with contemporary design, giving the place a sophisticated ambience.
Get home safely
When you’ve taken in all there is on offer, rest assured knowing we’ll get you home in style.